I’ve been nominated for the Liebster Award! Thank you very much to Cindy from www.yourkidsot.com for nominating me! Cindy is an occupational therapist who provides creative ways to engage kids in learning and development through play. Please check out her site.
To take part, each nominee has to follow 6 simple rules:
1. Acknowledge the blog that nominated you and display the Liebster Award on your blog
2. Answer 11 questions that the blogger gives you
3. Give 11 random facts about yourself
4. Nominate 11 blogs that you think are deserving of the award, that have less than 200 followers (I had to nominate a couple with more followers…couldn’t help it!)
5. Let those bloggers know you’ve nominated them
6. Give them 11 questions to answer.
Here are the questions Cindy from Your Kids’ OT asked of me:
1. What do you find the most satisfying about blogging?
Helping people. For as long as I can remember I have wanted to help people to get the most out of life. I love finding out that my information has helped people! I’m really excited because my first product, the Sleep Options Wizard, has the potential to help a lot of parents with sleep, which I’ve discovered can be a real life-changer. I’ve always wanted to improve lives, I feel like I’m on the cusp of living that dream.
2. Tea or Coffee?
Neither. I am a caffeine and alcohol-free zone. In summer I enjoy dandelion tea with milk, in winter I like slices of raw ginger in hot water.
3. What are you most proud of?
Completing my PhD/Masters in Organisational Psychology 4 days before Liz, my second, was born.
4. Where is your favourite holiday spot?
I like to explore new places. My favorite elements are swimming holes, or ocean, bush walks. Pre-kids I’d also seek adventure opportunities like wild caving, li-loing, and canyoning. I’m looking forward to having kids of scouting age – but still enjoying the moment too.
5. What is the most unique thing you have eaten?
My cooking. I rarely follow a recipe – so I guess that counts as unique. I cooked and ate moths in scouts too.
6. What is the book you read over and over again?
Positive discipline by Jane Nelsen (Affiliate link – thank you). I have never been much of a fiction reader unless I can see the potential for personal or intellectual growth.
7. How would you priortise the following – vacuuming, exercising, cleaning bathrooms?
Exercising, vacuuming, cleaning bathrooms.
8. What is the personality quality you respect the most in others?
Integrity. Doing as you say, sticking to your values and morals, being honest.
9. How do you juggle the demands of blogging with other things in your life?
I research and blog when the kids sleep. I get Alex to help me with cooking and errands, I do housework while the kids play. I don’t stress about mess and keep reminding myself that it is a marathon, not a sprint.
10. Apple or Android?
Apple for now.
11. What is your funniest parenting moment?
A Toddler knows best moment. Alex wanted water but we’d forgotten to bring any. We went to the shops, but they didn’t take card. Tim was just putting his shoes on to run back to the holiday house when Alex pointed to a bubbler saying “water”.
Here are 11 random facts about me:
1. I am a Queen Scout.
2. I have been stuck in a cave at least twice.
3. I ran a race with a cast on my left leg in year 7.
4. My left leg is slightly shorter than my right.
5. My favourite sport is canyoning. Though I don’t get much opportunity to do it now.
6. My now husband and I lived in Kyoto, Japan, for 18 months.
7. I have a black belt, but am out of practice.
8. I worked in high ropes at an American summer camp.
9. I value experiences over possessions.
10. I don’t fold clothes, I roll them.
11. I love making Christmas presents with my kids (t-shirts last year).
My 11 nominees.
My criteria were bloggers whose work I respect, and who write content that I think my audience (largely parents of small children) could benefit from. A disclaimer, the last two blogs belong to my husband – so I know the content is awesome, and the man behind them is experienced, educated, and diligent, but I am probably a little biased, I am also a contributor on Eat-Real-Food.
ParentingScience.com – Gwen Dewar is an evidence-based parenting blogger with some epic, well-researched posts.
NurtureAndThriveBlog.com – Ashley from Nurture and Thrive is a developmental psychologist with great, insightful posts.
ImperfectFamilies.com – Nicole Schwarz is a family therapist with great, practical advice for overcoming difficulties with kids, and constantly improving relationships.
ScienceOfMom.com – Alice Callahan has a PhD in Nutrition and is my go-to for research-based answers to child nutrition questions.
EncouragePlay.com – Janine Halloran is a clinical social worker with some great play ideas!
OneTimeThrough.com – Sue is a teacher with great ideas for craft and parenting.
LookingForMamaMe.blogspot.com.au – Lu is a childhood friend of mine who has started blogging, and gets some great giveaways!
EvidenceBasedParent.blogspot.com.au – provides parenting science news.
HandsOnAsWeGrow.com – Jamie provides great craft and sensory-play ideas!
Fun-Fit.com.au – Tim is a certified fitness trainer and strength and conditioning coach. I have a lot of respect for Tim’s knowledge and accumulated experience on fitness issues.
Eat-Real-Food.com.au – Tim has got a great group of people together to add a range of expertise and perspectives on real food recipes and knowledge.
Here are my questions for these bloggers:
1. If you didn’t have to earn money, what would you do with your time?
2. What is your funniest kid moment?
3. Who do you write your blog for?
4. What country would you most like to visit? Why?
5. When you travel, do you seek natural wonders? Or man-made wonders?
6. What do you love most about being a parent?
7. What do you find hardest about being a parent?
8. What is one of your happiest childhood memories?
9. What did someone say to you as a child that you have never forgotten?
10. Please share a defining moment for you (something that changed you or made you who you are today).
11. What is your go-to snack?
Do you have interesting answers to any of these questions? Please share in the comments.